Robert Millar( Philipa York) Around scotland

Home Forums General Robert Millar( Philipa York) Around scotland

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Robert Millar is cycling around the UK
    Basically, some clubs are doing local legs of the tour with Philipa York as she is known now.
    “The Great Tour” charity ride around the coast of Britain. The Tour has now reached Scotland- after 18 days or so,
    Its estimated that the tour leg for Ayrshire will reach us on the 5th August

Within the Covid guidlines( at that time) we,or some of us may cycle the leg with him. Its from Dumbarton Castle to Ayr

Ayr Roads & Fullarton again depending on the covid guidelines have offered the possibility of some riders giving them company from largs to Ayr ,realise this is midweek,

If interested,I will get more info closer to the time. Guy Walker is planning getting his retro jersey signed by the cycling legend

You can find info on the Robert Millar appreciation group on facebook. Its not often you will get the opportunity to cycle with a Tour de France legend

Post update,if anyone is interested,and within guidelines from scottish cycling

Mikey

Keymaster

I’d be very keen on that Michael. I read In Search of Robert Millar last year. Fascinating story.

Keymaster

I met Pippa York at a Scottish Cycling conference. Had a nice chat. She reckoned those old Peugeot bikes she rode in the TdF were “pretty good actually”. Made my day…

Participant

I’d also be interested in joining in – is it this Monday?

Participant

Catherine
    Its Tuesday,
    Ayr roads asking who is defo going
    Guy,mark,dougie?
    I am working, but will try and get the time off

mikey

Participant

I’m definitely going – got the time off now.

Joseph BoyleJoseph Boyle
    Participant

I can make it if there is still room for people?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.